This is not a definitive guide but a library of routes used and posted by members.
Below are the instructions for using the routes on this website and for creating new routes on Plotaroute yourself for embedding on this webpage for others to use:
First press the play button in the centre of the map which reveals the menu icon top right.
In order to download a route as a GPX file, share the route or save it as a printable pdf map with directions, click on the menu on the top right of the map.
For a GPX file for navigation apps on your phone or satnav click download and then go to download, bottom right.
To save as a pdf printable map with directions click on print and then print pdf, bottom right.
To share click share and copy and paste the link into an email or Whatsapp.
To create a route: google Plotaroute, sign up (free) and log in. Under create plot a new route and save it. Then as above for share, copy and paste the link into an email to email@example.com and your route will be embedded in due course. The title of the route may be different on our site than your heading on the map in order to help keep our search option comprehensive. (N.B it is advisable not to begin or end routes at your house for security reasons)
- SCN03 City ApproachSCN03, Bursledon Road, Bitterne, ChesselAvenue, Quayside Road, Northam. Route map for City Approach SCN03 (ends Northam) by Steve Shaw on plotaroute.com
- Portswood to Swanwick SCN3There is Shared use on the right at Bitterne Triange to aid the right turn into Whitworth Crescent.Use of the pedestrian crossing is needed to facilitate the right turn from Macnaghton Road into Athelstan Road.The
- Portswood to Swanwick via NetleyBoardwalk, St Mary’s Stadium, Chapel, Andersons Road, SCN1 Woolston, Victoria Road to Weston Shore, Victoria Country Park and quiet lanes through Bursledon. Route map for Portswood To Swanwick Via Netley by Johnnie Dellow on plotaroute.com
- Redbridge To Lepe and Calshot.Eling. Marchwood, Hythe, Hardley, Fawley, Exbury, Beaulieu, Ashurst, Hounsdown. Route map for RED Calshot Lepe by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Saints Ride to Kimbridge 30 MilesSt Marys Stadium, Glen Eyre Road, Chilworth, Romsey, Redbridge. Route map for SF30 To Kimbridge by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Saints Training Ride to Itchen Valley Country Park.St Marys Stadium, Woolston, Netley, Hamble, Lowford, Hedge End, Mansbridge, Riverside Park, Bitterne Triangle. Route map for Saints Training Ride 20 Miler by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Glow Ride, Park RouteRoute map for Glow Ride Park Route by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Glow Ride, City Route.Route map for Glow Ride City Route by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Café Velo 50 mile loop.Redbridge, Totton, Bramshaw, Ringwood, Brockenhurst, Beaulieu, Marchwood, Eling. Route map for Cafe Velo Loop 50 Miles by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Redbridge to Spot in the Woods.Marchwood, Ashurst, Totton. Route map for Spot In The Woods From Redbridge by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Leveret 35km RouteRomsey, Braishfield, Kings Somborne, Mottisfont, Timsbury. Route map for Leveret 35km by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Leveret 50km RouteRomsey, Braishfield, Kings Somborne , West Tytherley, West Dean, Lockerley, Dunbridge, Timsbury. Route map for Leveret 50km by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Mill Arms at Dunbridge, Loop via FrenchmoorShirley to Lee Lane, One short gravel section between Lee Church Lane and Hill Street. Lockerley, West Tytherley, East Tytherley, Dunbridge, Abbotswood, Lordshill. Route map for Mill Arms Loop Via Frenchmoor by JR Heath on
- Redbridge Loop via Romsey, Plaitford and Copythorne.Lee Lane, Old Salisbury Lane, Sherfield English Lane, Furzley Road, Newbridge, Tatchbury Mount, Water Lane, Totton. Route map for Redbridge_loop-Romsey-Plaiford by JR Heath on plotaroute.com
- Hedge End Station to Cheriton and back via The Hampshire Bowman.Upham, Cheriton, Kilmeston, Dundridge Lane, Vernon Hill, Durley Street, Snakemoor Lane, Bubb Lane. Route map for Hedge End Stn To Cheriton & Bowman by JR Heath on plotaroute.com
- Old Winchester Hill and back Via The Hampshire Bowman.Cutbush Lane, Mansbridge Road, Allington Lane, Horton Heath, Upham, Brockbridge, Dundridge Lane, Durley Street, Moorgreen Road. div style=”overflow:hidden;position:relative;”> Route map for Bowman&back by JR Heath on plotaroute.com
- Marine Terrace to St Marks School, Foyes Corner.A possible route for people cycling from Chapel to the new City School. Using St Marys Street, Palmerston Park, East Park, Bedford Place, Henstead Road, and Howard Road. Route map for School Route: Marine Terrace
- General Hospital to Bishops WalthamVia Portswood, St Denys, Bitterne Park and West End, using Tremona Road, Wilton Avenue, Bellemoor Road, The Common, Avenue Road, Spring Crescent, Priory Road, Megson Avenue, Cutbush Lane, Barbe Baker Avenue. Route map for General
- General Hospital to NetleyGeneral Hospital to Netley via Portswood, Chapel, and Woolston. Victoria Road, Itchen Bridge, St Marys Stadium, Radcliffe Road, The Boardwalk, Spring Crescent, Avenue Road, The Common, Bellemoor Road, Dale Road, Tremona Road.