This is not a definitive guide but a library of routes used and posted by members.
Below are the instructions for using the routes on this website and for creating new routes on Plotaroute yourself for embedding on this webpage for others to use:
First press the play button in the centre of the map which reveals the menu icon top right.
In order to download a route as a GPX file, share the route or save it as a printable pdf map with directions, click on the menu on the top right of the map.
For a GPX file for navigation apps on your phone or satnav click download and then go to download, bottom right.
To save as a pdf printable map with directions click on print and then print pdf, bottom right.
To share click share and copy and paste the link into an email or Whatsapp.
To create a route: google Plotaroute, sign up (free) and log in. Under create plot a new route and save it. Then as above for share, copy and paste the link into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your route will be embedded in due course. The title of the route may be different on our site than your heading on the map in order to help keep our search option comprehensive. (N.B it is advisable not to begin or end routes at your house for security reasons)
- Minutes from January 2021 MeetingThe minutes from the January 2021 meeting are now available to download
- Minutes from December 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the December 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Minutes from November 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the November 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Open letter to Southampton City CouncilSouthampton Street Space is a newly formed campaign calling for the council to make our streets safe for residents to walk, wheel, shop and cycle. They have written an open letter to Southampton City Council
- Minutes from October 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the October 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Minutes from September 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the September 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Minutes from July 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the July 2020 meeting are now available to download
- SCN03 City ApproachSCN03, Bursledon Road, Bitterne, ChesselAvenue, Quayside Road, Northam. Route map for City Approach SCN03 (ends Northam) by Steve Shaw on plotaroute.com
- Southampton Travel MapSouthampton City Council wants to gather feedback from the people that live and work in Southampton, as well as visitors to our city, about ways in which it can further support social distancing and encourage
- Minutes from June 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the June 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Portswood to Swanwick SCN3There is Shared use on the right at Bitterne Triange to aid the right turn into Whitworth Crescent.Use of the pedestrian crossing is needed to facilitate the right turn from Macnaghton Road into Athelstan Road.The
- Portswood to Swanwick via NetleyBoardwalk, St Mary’s Stadium, Chapel, Andersons Road, SCN1 Woolston, Victoria Road to Weston Shore, Victoria Country Park and quiet lanes through Bursledon. Route map for Portswood To Swanwick Via Netley by Johnnie Dellow on plotaroute.com
- Update from Cycling UK – Stay Alert, Keep CyclingI hope you are still managing well during this time. We have moved from ‘stay at home’ to ‘stay alert’ messaging on COVID-19 – but what does this mean for cycling? Unfortunately the guidance still
- Cycling for BeginnersCycling is a truly invigorating and liberating experience, enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you’re cycling to work, to school, to the shops or just for fun, the
- Minutes from May 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the May 2020 meeting are now available to download
- A video about the dangers of Ipley Cross junctionAn excellent video about the Ipley Cross junction in the New Forest.
- Redbridge To Lepe and Calshot.Eling. Marchwood, Hythe, Hardley, Fawley, Exbury, Beaulieu, Ashurst, Hounsdown. Route map for RED Calshot Lepe by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Saints Ride to Kimbridge 30 MilesSt Marys Stadium, Glen Eyre Road, Chilworth, Romsey, Redbridge. Route map for SF30 To Kimbridge by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Saints Training Ride to Itchen Valley Country Park.St Marys Stadium, Woolston, Netley, Hamble, Lowford, Hedge End, Mansbridge, Riverside Park, Bitterne Triangle. Route map for Saints Training Ride 20 Miler by James Probert on plotaroute.com
- Glow Ride, Park RouteRoute map for Glow Ride Park Route by James Probert on plotaroute.com