The Re-Cycled Cycle project targets directly
• Resident on Low income.
• Residents wishing to return to full or part time employment
• Residents whose health or disabilities could be improved with regular exercise
• Providing Education, Skills & Training
• Improving the environment
• Reduction of crime and ASB
1. Community Involvement
2. Re-cycling old, abandoned and unused bicycles back into regular use.
3. Work with disadvantaged families, to improve their life and life skills.
4. To encourage more people to participate in a healthy lifestyle
The scheme is doing a great job of getting old bikes back into road-worthy condition (250 this summer alone), and encouraging young people to cycle. It is however struggling to sustain funding into next year. We understand that the scheme will be attending an event at Mansel Park this Sunday 19 September (10:00-16:00) and several more events this year. Contact details for the coordinator are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org