Bike Week is the biggest nationwide cycling event in the UK. A national celebration of cycling, Bike Week helps you get more out of life – by getting on your bike and exploring your local community.
As usual, Southampton will host many cycling events during and around Bike Week. Highlights include:
- Saturday 13 June 10am at The Bargate, FAMILY BIKE CAVALCADE
- Mainly on cycle routes and some on road. A loop to Mayflower Park then up the parks to the Peace Fountain. Suitable for all abilities. If parent/guardian is happy that children are competent on their own two wheels, they are more than welcome, as long as under 18 year olds are accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the child. Decorate your bikes and yourselves if you wish! Do join us with your picnic lunch afterwards. Just turn up www.southamptoncyclingcampaign.org.uk/
- Sunday 14 June 10am at Weston Shore, on National Cycle Route 2, the BIG BIKE CELEBRATION.
- The main attractions include the try-a-bike arena with The Company of Cyclists (this is great – it’s how we tried trailer and tandem then bought), mountain bike displays by M.A.D. (Europe s largest stunt/trials display team), a bicycle smoothie-maker, The Bike Dr who can check your bike for free, led rides, cycle training and fun! Just turn up. (Natalie Gledhill, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday 20 June 10am, Southampton Common Bellemoor Road entrance: Five Miles to FABuloUS
- Shift the ‘L’ from FLAB – lady cyclists WEAR SMALLER smalls! Easy flatish five mile led ride for ladies on cycle paths or quieter roads around Southampton City
Full details of these events are available in the Events section of this web site, and more Bike Week events can be found at www.bikeweek.org.uk and www3.hants.gov.uk/whatson-cyclehampshire.