snippets from the April campaign meeting:
* Cobden Avenue: Plans to reshape the junction at St Catherine’s Road plus a pedestrian island. Early days but if you have opinions do contact the council to express them.
* Tebourba Way: Plans for a crossing Oakley Road → Tesco; plans for a crossing at Romsey Road with cycling link to Percy Avenue
* Burgess Road: Possible cycle lane from Glen Eyre Road towards Boldrewood. Again, early days, contact the council with *your* opinions.
* Lower High Street: This is a proposed redevelopment of the lower High Street area. You can view the plan as a PDF as a PNG image. Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Kevin Jenkin at the council.
* Hill lane: This is to be one of our campaigning issues for the near future—extending the Hill lane cycle lane all the way to the station and improve safety at the turning near Wilton Avenue. Please write to the council to tell them you would like to see these improvements
* Lover’s Walk: The lights are on; the common/Lovers’ Walk has been added to the “Night Scouting” scheme in which regular checks are made and defective lights recorded and repaired. The annoying boards have also gone from the path between Winn Road and Westwood Road. We are considering inviting Lin Hand and John Dyas-Slade to a meeting to try and find out more about their plans for the common and discuss how they can take the needs of cyclists into account (this might avoid a repeat of the Lovers’ Walk lighting fiasco).
Don’t forget – elections coming up in the next couple of weeks. Now is a good time to make sure your councillors know what you want from them …
Keep an eye on the events calendar: lots of events coming up in the next few months; Uni Transport Day and Enviro rock this month, Social ride in May, Bike Week in June …
Next meeting: AGM!
Latest newsletter is now online.