Support our work and help create a vibrant and people-friendly city!
Southampton Cycling Campaign has been working hard for over 30 years to promote cycling in the city and surrounding areas. It has not always been easy with the rise of the car as the dominant form of transport in many cities including Southampton. But every modern city that is looking towards a sustainable vibrant future has now realised that cycling plays a key role in creating a clean, modern liveable environment where people come before cars.
Want help with cycling?
- Safer routes around the city
- Repair shops
- Buying a second hand bike
- Keeping your bike safe
- Reporting problems on your route
Contact us at: email@example.com
Let us know your area on Southampton and someone local will get back to you with free advice.
- Minutes from November 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the November 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Open letter to Southampton City CouncilSouthampton Street Space is a newly formed campaign calling for the council to make our streets safe for residents to walk, wheel, shop and cycle. They have written an open letter to Southampton City Council welcoming the measures in the Green Transport Recovery Plan; to provide safe space for active travel and city centre shopping. They are calling on the council to go further when government funding becomes available, and roll out the following measures across the city: Provide safe space for people walking/shopping/socialising on high streets – particularly outside shops and cafes, using bollards/planters to widen footways with a
- Minutes from October 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the October 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Minutes from September 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the September 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Southampton Travel MapSouthampton City Council wants to gather feedback from the people that live and work in Southampton, as well as visitors to our city, about ways in which it can further support social distancing and encourage more active travel. To achieve this, they have partnered with Commonplace to produce the Southampton Travel Map. The Southampton Travel Map promotes the aims of Southampton’s Green Transport Recovery Plan, which was produced in line with government recommendations, to support the city’s economy, health and well-being and the environment. For more information and to share your views visit: southamptontravelmap.commonplace.is
- Update from Cycling UK – Stay Alert, Keep CyclingI hope you are still managing well during this time. We have moved from ‘stay at home’ to ‘stay alert’ messaging on COVID-19 – but what does this mean for cycling? Unfortunately the guidance still states that we must avoid group rides – however the changes in guidance means you can meet one other person from a different household outdoors and exercise outdoors as often as you wish – following social distancing guidelines. With this in mind Cycling UK has produced a guidance document for people in your groups that may be considering (or are already doing) solo cycling and
- Cycling for BeginnersCycling is a truly invigorating and liberating experience, enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you’re cycling to work, to school, to the shops or just for fun, the humble bicycle is an easy way to get more active. The NHS has created a useful guide designed to make cycling a safe and enjoyable experience for beginners, and provide you with tips on staying motivated.
Two members of the Cycling Campaign were recently interviewed about their experiences of cycling in Southampton by South Today .
Minutes of monthly meetings, details of stalls, events and rides
- Minutes from November 2020 Meeting
- Open letter to Southampton City Council
- Minutes from October 2020 Meeting
- Minutes from September 2020 Meeting
- Minutes from July 2020 Meeting
Our regular monthly rides
Our regular newsletter