Support our work and help create a vibrant and people-friendly city!
Southampton Cycling Campaign has been working hard for over 30 years to promote cycling in the city and surrounding areas. It has not always been easy with the rise of the car as the dominant form of transport in many cities including Southampton. But every modern city that is looking towards a sustainable vibrant future has now realised that cycling plays a key role in creating a clean, modern liveable environment where people come before cars.
Want help with cycling?
- Safer routes around the city
- Repair shops
- Buying a second hand bike
- Keeping your bike safe
- Reporting problems on your route
Contact us at: email@example.com
Let us know your area on Southampton and someone local will get back to you with free advice.
- Minutes from July 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the July 2020 meeting are now available to download
- SCN03 City ApproachSCN03, Bursledon Road, Bitterne, ChesselAvenue, Quayside Road, Northam. Route map for City Approach SCN03 (ends Northam) by Steve Shaw on plotaroute.com
- Southampton Travel MapSouthampton City Council wants to gather feedback from the people that live and work in Southampton, as well as visitors to our city, about ways in which it can further support social distancing and encourage more active travel. To achieve this, they have partnered with Commonplace to produce the Southampton Travel Map. The Southampton Travel Map promotes the aims of Southampton’s Green Transport Recovery Plan, which was produced in line with government recommendations, to support the city’s economy, health and well-being and the environment. For more information and to share your views visit: southamptontravelmap.commonplace.is
- Minutes from June 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the June 2020 meeting are now available to download
- Portswood to Swanwick SCN3There is Shared use on the right at Bitterne Triange to aid the right turn into Whitworth Crescent.Use of the pedestrian crossing is needed to facilitate the right turn from Macnaghton Road into Athelstan Road.The section on Bitterne Precinct will soon have signs allowing cycling. Use of side roads can bypass this as well. Continue on SCN3 on Maybray King Way and Bursledon Road.The shared use path on the right should aid negotiation of Windhover Roundabout. Route map for Portswood To Swanwick SCN3 by Johnnie Dellow on plotaroute.com
- Portswood to Swanwick via NetleyBoardwalk, St Mary’s Stadium, Chapel, Andersons Road, SCN1 Woolston, Victoria Road to Weston Shore, Victoria Country Park and quiet lanes through Bursledon. Route map for Portswood To Swanwick Via Netley by Johnnie Dellow on plotaroute.com
- Update from Cycling UK – Stay Alert, Keep CyclingI hope you are still managing well during this time. We have moved from ‘stay at home’ to ‘stay alert’ messaging on COVID-19 – but what does this mean for cycling? Unfortunately the guidance still states that we must avoid group rides – however the changes in guidance means you can meet one other person from a different household outdoors and exercise outdoors as often as you wish – following social distancing guidelines. With this in mind Cycling UK has produced a guidance document for people in your groups that may be considering (or are already doing) solo cycling and
- Cycling for BeginnersCycling is a truly invigorating and liberating experience, enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you’re cycling to work, to school, to the shops or just for fun, the humble bicycle is an easy way to get more active. The NHS has created a useful guide designed to make cycling a safe and enjoyable experience for beginners, and provide you with tips on staying motivated.
- Minutes from May 2020 MeetingThe minutes from the May 2020 meeting are now available to download
- A video about the dangers of Ipley Cross junctionAn excellent video about the Ipley Cross junction in the New Forest.
Two members of the Cycling Campaign were recently interviewed about their experiences of cycling in Southampton by South Today .
Minutes of monthly meetings, details of stalls, events and rides
- Minutes from July 2020 Meeting
- SCN03 City Approach
- Southampton Travel Map
- Minutes from June 2020 Meeting
- Portswood to Swanwick SCN3
Our regular monthly rides
Our regular newsletter