Support our work and help create a vibrant and people-friendly city!
Southampton Cycling Campaign has been working hard for over 30 years to promote cycling in the city and surrounding areas. It has not always been easy with the rise of the car as the dominant form of transport in many cities including Southampton. But every modern city that is looking towards a sustainable vibrant future has now realised that cycling plays a key role in creating a clean, modern liveable environment where people come before cars.
Want help with cycling?
- Safer routes around the city
- Repair shops
- Buying a second hand bike
- Keeping your bike safe
- Reporting problems on your route
Contact us at: email@example.com
Let us know your area on Southampton and someone local will get back to you with free advice.
- Minutes from September 2021 MeetingThe minutes from the September 2021 meeting are now available to download
- Sunday 15th August: Brockenhurst to Burley circular rideOur next campaign ride, on Sunday 15 August, is a joint ride, led by Yusuf, with the Palestine Solidarity Campaign. It is a 20 mile ride on forest tracks and small roads from Brockenhurst to Burley, where we will stop for food/refreshments.Meet at 10am at Brockenhurst railway station, north side, near the ticket office. There is a train from Southampton Central at 9.35 which arrives at 9.56 – a return ticket costs £6.90. The route to Burley is mostly off road along NCR2 (part of the old Southampton to Dorchester railway line). The route back includes a forest track and
- Minutes from July 2021 MeetingThe minutes from the July 2021 meeting are now available to download
- Newsletter June 2021Southampton Cycling Campaign Newsletter – June 2021 If you do one thing… Cycle Campaign Picnics: join us at next one this Monday Cycle Campaign Rides: join us at next one this Sunday Cycle Campaign info If you do one thing: Before Friday June 25th could you respond to the consultation about free parking in town after 6pm. It is just one box for comments and a tick to object: https://transport.southampton.gov.uk/tro?fbclid=IwAR3ZIbQH17VISgmeo8m9SEOF0VIYtI20woOlss4moyFVNVysbE9PeS0HBEA You could make point that a third of people don’t have cars, and many choose not to drive into town anyway. More (covered) bike parking and reduced bus fares would
- Cycling for BeginnersCycling is a truly invigorating and liberating experience, enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you’re cycling to work, to school, to the shops or just for fun, the humble bicycle is an easy way to get more active. The NHS has created a useful guide designed to make cycling a safe and enjoyable experience for beginners, and provide you with tips on staying motivated.
Two members of the Cycling Campaign were recently interviewed about their experiences of cycling in Southampton by South Today .
Minutes of monthly meetings, details of stalls, events and rides
- Minutes from September 2021 Meeting
- Minutes from July 2021 Meeting
- Minutes from June 2021 Meeting
- Minutes from May 2021 Meeting
- Minutes from April 2021 Meeting
Our regular monthly rides
- Sunday 15th August: Brockenhurst to Burley circular ride
- Sunday 20th June: ride to Bishops Waltham
- Sun 30th May: Brummell Bummel (during Bike Week)
Our regular newsletter