Support our work and help create a vibrant and people-friendly city!
Southampton Cycling Campaign has been working hard for over 30 years to promote cycling in the city and surrounding areas. It has not always been easy with the rise of the car as the dominant form of transport in many cities including Southampton. But every modern city that is looking towards a sustainable vibrant future has now realised that cycling plays a key role in creating a clean, modern liveable environment where people come before cars.
Want help with cycling?
- Safer routes around the city
- Repair shops
- Buying a second hand bike
- Keeping your bike safe
- Reporting problems on your route
Contact us at: email@example.com
Let us know your area on Southampton and someone local will get back to you with free advice.
- Minutes from June 2021 MeetingThe minutes from the June 2021 meeting are now available to download
- Newsletter May 2021Southampton Cycling Campaign Newsletter If you do one thing… Cycle Campaign Rides Twitter Routes Should I attend a meeting? Welcome to the May 2021 Southampton Cycle Campaign newsletter. We hope you are all well and able to keep cycling. The next Southampton Cycling Campaign meeting is on Zoom on Monday 14th June at 7:30pm. We now just suggest donations instead of membership fees, so if you have a regular payment to us please feel free to leave it or alter it. Do forward this newsletter to others who may be interested in joining, as we’d love to gain more members.
- Minutes from May 2021 MeetingThe minutes from the May 2021 meeting are now available to download
- Sun 30th May: Brummell Bummel (during Bike Week)Brummell Bummel on Sunday 30 May (during Bike Week) Meet: at 9.45 for a 10am departure from The Ship Inn, Redbridge Leader: Lindsi The route: Eling, Marchwood, Ipley Crossroads, Beaulieu Road Station, Lyndhurst, Woodlands (via Forest track), and return via Fletchwood Lane and the Western Approach cycle path. So, some rural (if busy) New Forest roads and some off road cycle tracks and paths are included.We will pause at Ipley Crossroads to remember local cyclists killed and injured on our roads and to update everyone on plans for this junction. Refreshment plans must be flexible, but we hope to have
- Minutes from April 2021 MeetingThe minutes from the April 2021 meeting are now available to download
- Southampton Travel MapSouthampton City Council wants to gather feedback from the people that live and work in Southampton, as well as visitors to our city, about ways in which it can further support social distancing and encourage more active travel. To achieve this, they have partnered with Commonplace to produce the Southampton Travel Map. The Southampton Travel Map promotes the aims of Southampton’s Green Transport Recovery Plan, which was produced in line with government recommendations, to support the city’s economy, health and well-being and the environment. For more information and to share your views visit: southamptontravelmap.commonplace.is
- Update from Cycling UK – Stay Alert, Keep CyclingI hope you are still managing well during this time. We have moved from ‘stay at home’ to ‘stay alert’ messaging on COVID-19 – but what does this mean for cycling? Unfortunately the guidance still states that we must avoid group rides – however the changes in guidance means you can meet one other person from a different household outdoors and exercise outdoors as often as you wish – following social distancing guidelines. With this in mind Cycling UK has produced a guidance document for people in your groups that may be considering (or are already doing) solo cycling and
- Cycling for BeginnersCycling is a truly invigorating and liberating experience, enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you’re cycling to work, to school, to the shops or just for fun, the humble bicycle is an easy way to get more active. The NHS has created a useful guide designed to make cycling a safe and enjoyable experience for beginners, and provide you with tips on staying motivated.
Two members of the Cycling Campaign were recently interviewed about their experiences of cycling in Southampton by South Today .
Minutes of monthly meetings, details of stalls, events and rides
- Minutes from June 2021 Meeting
- Minutes from May 2021 Meeting
- Minutes from April 2021 Meeting
- Minutes from March 2021 AGM Meeting
- Minutes from February 2021 Meeting
Our regular monthly rides
Our regular newsletter