Support our work and help create a vibrant and people-friendly city!
Southampton Cycling Campaign has been working hard for over 30 years to promote cycling in the city and surrounding areas. It has not always been easy with the rise of the car as the dominant form of transport in many cities including Southampton. But every modern city that is looking towards a sustainable vibrant future has now realised that cycling plays a key role in creating a clean, modern liveable environment where people come before cars.
- Cycle shops open during Covid-19 lockdownCycle shops are currently exempt from the retail shop lockdown. Listed below are the local cycle shops that have chosen to stay open and their restrictions. This is likely to be a dynamic situation so check using the links provided before going to the cycle shop. Be aware that these shops are only open for repairs, spare parts and essential items. They are likely to restrict the numbers of people allowed in the store at any one time and will require you to maintain social distancing of 2m at all times. The Woods Cyclery Open with restrictions GA Cycles Open
- Suspension of the Cycle Campaign rides programmeWith regret and with immediate effect we are suspending the Cycle Campaign rides programme, including the advertised ride in Dorset, along the Piddle Valley, on 29 March. This is in response to national restrictions on social interaction which are trying to restrain the coronavirus epidemic, and bearing in mind the shut down of CTC and British cycling rides. So, our rides programme is in abeyance until further notice and no plans will be made for Bike Week rides in June. We hope that some of these rides, especially the Dorset one, can be rearranged at a future date. As and
- Avenue ConsultationPlease go to or respond to the The Avenue consultation, as positive feedback is very important. Complaints (which there will be, as it’s on Common Land) will be weighed up with positives. Suggested points are below. Also please encourage others to attend and respond. Tuesday 3rd March 1730–1930, Main Reception, University of Southampton Avenue Campus, Highfield Road, SO14 1BF Tuesday 10th March 1600-1900, Student Union, Building 42, University of Southampton Highfield Campus, University Road SO17 1BJ Saturday 14th March 0930-1300, Hawthorn Centre Activities Room, The Common, SO15 7NN. You can also view the proposals online, and if you have any suggestions or you would like
Two members of the Cycling Campaign were recently interviewed about their experiences of cycling in Southampton by South Today .
Minutes of monthly meetings, details of stalls, events and rides
- Minutes from March 2020 AGM Meeting
- Minutes from February 2020 Meeting
- Minutes from January 2020 meeting
- Minutes from December 2019 meeting
- Minutes from November 2019 meeting
Our regular monthly rides
Our regular newsletter