Lindsi’s friend Ann MacGillivray writes: “Lindsi specialises in illustrations of historic buildings, and studied illustration at Solent University. She’s often been seen with her sketch pad and watercolours in various locations around Bitterne Park and often has spent time travelling further afield on her bicycle to capture ‘the essence of historic buildings’ around Southampton.
Lindsi’s delicate colour work demonstrates the ‘patina’ of these wonderful monuments of time.
In the past Lindsi has spent some time producing, promoting and selling her paintings and cards that depict her exquisite art with watercolours. Now for the first time she’s produced for sale a calendar of her illustrations. These are prints of original watercolours by Lindsi Bluemel. They are presented in a spiral bound calendar entitled ‘Historic Southampton 2012 Calendar’.”
Months and illustrations:
- January – Cobden Bridge
- February – The Bargate – North Front
- March – The Tudor Merchants Hall
- April – The Titanic Engineers’ Memorial
- May – The Old Wool House
- June – Terminus Station, Terminus Terrace
- July – The Medieval Merchant’s House
- August – The Royal Pier Gatehouse
- September – South Western House
- October – Former Royal Southern Yacht Club House
- November – The Dolphin Hotel
- December – The Bargate – South Front
Calendars are priced at £10 each plus £1.95 postage. You may also find them available through some local outlets, including Cobbett Road Library.
All proceeds from the calendars will go to Lindsi. Please note that sales are being managed by her family and not bitternepark.info and that orders are being taken via this method to be sent within the UK only.